Monday, February 5, 2007

Weekend Wrap-up

It's late and I'm tired, but I'll post a bunch of "a day in the life" drivel in my sleep-deprived state anyhow. Let the rambling commence. This weekend, I braved the unfriendly weather both days to take my camera over to Central Park. Even though it was colder than a snake's belly on a frozen pond/colder than a witch's tit/colder than a polar bear's butt, it was bright, sunny and perfect for photos. Saturday, it was just me, today I had a couple friends with me for a walk. That's how I know they like me...if they'll walk 6 miles in freezing weather with me on Super Bowl Sunday. I swear, no bribery was involved and they're also not crazy (at least not in the clinical sense). Here is a random selection from the photo haul.







































This evening, I went to see Cat Power for the first time at the Hiro Ballroom instead of watching the Super Bowl. The venue was great, one of the best I've been to in NYC. Cat Power, I learned, is rather exhausting to watch live...she's odd, disjointed, difficult to understand at times and is a bit of a spazz on stage. Probably has something to do with the new-found sobriety. But she has an amazing voice. I was grumpy from standing in line for half an hour in the blistering cold and then sitting on the floor for another hour and a half until she took the stage, so it would have taken a freakin' three-ring circus to entertain me out of the mood I was in...though somehow my friends and I got onto the topic of puke stories, and pretty soon I was laughing 'til I cried. I'm all class - low class. But a decent show at a great venue, so two out of four stars, accounting for grumpiness.

Other than that, I ate stuff, drank stuff and slept as much as possible. Amen for weekends.

No comments: