Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Textual Message Irritation

I was greeted this morning by a text message. Awww. How cute. Someone's sending around Valentine's Day wishes. Not so. The message was tagged as important from a North Carolina email address. Unusual, but I know some people down south, so I opened it. The body read, "Hey Dad, my company will announce a big oilfield discovery in Wyoming this afternoon. The share price will easily triple. It's [redacted] you want to buy." Lovely. Spam text. I thought this was particularly dgreat, because I have the oldest phone in the world. It doesn't have a color screen or web capability, and certainly won't allow me to buy stock. Of course, spam texting is an excellent marketing strategy, but at least the idiot who sent it isn't going to get any business from me. But if you're in the market for some oil stock, I just got a hot tip. And if spam texts cause a pain in your ass, too, click here for details on how to get rid of 'em.

No comments: